Thursday, April 2, 2009

♫ Reclaiming Myself...My Journey To...

Seems the way my life is going is making a few people uncomfortable. Actually, now that I think about it, it kinda always has. I’ve thought about that pretty hard, trying to figure out exactly why that is. I’ve come to a few conclusions.

#1. I live LOUDLY. As in, I make mistakes, I take risks, I’m afraid of very little, and rather than covering up this stuff, I shout it out. Hiding it gives people something to dig for, and talk about. At least if you talk about it after I’ve put it out there, it’s not gossip, it’s fact.

#2. I like things complicated. Things coming easy, isn’t really my way. I’ve decided, that the things that are worth risking everything for, don’t come easy. If you want big rewards in life, you’ve got to take big risks.

#3. It’s my life. I think that’s the big one. No matter how much I make you uncomfortable, or make you watch me make myself uncomfortable, or convince you that you could live it better, it’s mine all mine. Selfish I know. Im also the only one that has to live with the consequences.

So, in this loud walk of life, I’ve decided to take a few more risks lately.

A. I changed my hair color. I went darker than ever, shorter than normal, and "risqué" as it was so eloquently put. It’s going back to blonde soon, don’t worry.

B. I am trying to lose weight. NO IM NOT FAT. I know. But I don’t want to wear my new bikini and have it wave at everybody saying "oh hi! I’ve had two kids!". That’s all.

C. I got a new bikini. Ha. My sister had to help me get in to, and out of it, Im lacking that much girl. Oh yeah, and she bought it for me. In celebration of finding my inner girl I think. And because she rocks like that. See:












D. I am joining the local trap club. My best friend has been begging me for years, and I’ve given her every excuse in the book why I cant. I have no good ones this year. For those of you that don’t know what that is, she’s balancing out the inner girl with the outer boy...we get to shoot big guns at flying objects (eeeee!)! Pictures to come.

E. I play dodgeball. Ok, I’ve played once (twice counting tonight), and plan on going regularly. I surely don’t remember it being such a blast. It’s worth the 40 mile drive to spend time with one of my best friends and using the muscles I forgot existed, since you know, they’ve been useless since, like, 3rd grade.

F. Im letting my kids make a mess. A blog on this will follow soon. Im just saying, life is entirely too short for me to take my anxiety and stress out on them. In fact, their little messes with diaper cream on stuffed animals and marker on my walls, and tearing out pop-outs outta pop-out books (which I’ve always hated anyway), give me a new outlook on life. We should all try to be so bold.

G. I am not washing my hair every day. In fact, I wash it about every three days. Something I’ve always tried to do, but have since been convinced by a good friend with beautiful hair, that this is for sure the way to go. Don’t worry folks, I shower every day, my hair just doesn’t get as much attention. It’s already healthier, my showers are shorter, and im saving money by using less of the ridiculously expensive bottled goodness. Check out her blog, I think it will convince you too: Teh Reese! She, obviously, is my motivation for the blog title today. I heart my Reese. :}

H. I love to blog. Im sorry I was a slacker last month. My creativity has been reborn I think, and I will try to keep this going at least once a day. Let me know if there’s anything you want to hear about!

Yours Truly,
Nomz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mother loves you just the way you are.

bill said...

Naomi while I certainly don't know you as well as others but I like you just the way you are. You are awesome.

Search the Daily Offensive!