Monday, April 6, 2009

♫ Men Are Like Cars

I was going to attempt a plain ol’ blog about Vitamin B today. Something light. And interesting. Unfortunately, another dramatic blog has entered my mind, and I cant help it. Apologies all around.

Before I even get started, regardless of how it sounds, this blog is not about one particular person. It’s not about my relationship status. Or who’s in MY life. It’s just something that I’ve been rolling around in my head for a few days, and Im finding the more it visits my mind, that more and more people can relate.

Men Are Like Cars.

You can look at it basically, like...they call come in different makes, models, colors, style, sizes, build, athleticism (which can easily be compared to miles per gallon wink, wink ), etc. Some prefer healthy fuel to keep them going, some aren’t picky. Most of them, drive better, depending on who’s doing the driving (or who’s along for the ride). Some like to show off, others prefer to be nonchalant. I would be willing to bet...more than one guy has sprung in to your mind just then, eh? If not, go eat some lunch, come back later. This might take some stretching of an awake imagination.

Let’s go a little deeper than basic. Basic, is easy.

Men in Relationships Are Like Cars.

The first 5000 miles or so of a new car, is absolutely heavenly right? Every turn that comes along, you rant and rave to whomever is with you (or maybe just the fantastic stereo system and perfectly gripping steering wheel), how it feels so great. How it maneuvers exactly how you need it to. Helping you get to where you need to go, with you at every turn. Helping life feel a little more smooth. Not to mention, it smellsfantastic. All your friends envy you. Whatever they have, is no longer up to par, could use improvement in some way, and is always asking for more attention-the level of maintenance getting higher at exponential levels.

I think you know where Im going with this.

I’ve got this new car, see. This new ride. And, like I said above, is step for step with me at every turn. He makes life feel so much more smooth when he’s around, and a lot of time, even when he’s not. He’s saying all these wonderful things (man oh man, is he good at it), looking at me like im his favorite piece-a candy. The way he smells, drives me bonkers. I show him off. I brag about him. I talk him up. I take him for a drive (no wink, wink), whenever possible. My friends are envious. Not because of who he is, but because of what we’ve got. The "newness"

Now, when you look at men like cars. It might give you some appreciation for your current situation. Confession: I have a less than pretty, slow, dirty car (literally, not him). The oldest car I’ve ever personally owned. It does as good of job as any at taking care of me and my angels. But Im so envious of my friends with nicer vehicles. But the best part about my car? It’s paid off. It doesn’t cost me a thing. There’s no risk of losing it. It’s comfortable. I know that, when the rest of the world falls to pieces, it wont. Sometimes though, it needs one of those awesomely smelling new car smell air fresheners though. That newness, to come back, and remind me, that what I have, can actually be better, if im willing to look past some of the small stuff-the fact that it doesn’t shine as bright, smell as good, or compliment me as much as it used to.

Conclusion:

You’ve got an awesome car, whether it’s new or old, it may just need a new air freshener. "Comfortable", "Safe", that "Im here, when the rest of the world falls to pieces, there’s no chance in me being gone" feeling, only comes with old, familiar, rides. Both new and old, have their benefits. No doubt, there’s no way I’d trade what I’ve got for an older model, or one of my old rides...but regardless of where it goes, it will leave me envious of those that are safe. Just like you will envy mine’s smell. wink.

Yours Truly,
Nomz

PS. Vitamin B blog may visit later today. If not, soon, I promise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...more than one guy has sprung in to your mind just then, eh?"

The ONLY one that sprang to my mind was my horse. He is a nice color, atheletic, smells good, and is a great shoulder to cry on. My relationship with him has always been accepting and loving and he has the most amazing set of shoulders for me to cry on. He may be the perfect man. If he were an actor he could be compared to Denzel Washington (bold, black, good looking). Oh, and those eyes!

Need I say more?

Anonymous said...

I know just how that is. When

I first got married the newness was awesome but the longer you are married the more comfortable it is. We are now pushing 10 years and I would not trade hime for anything he is my rock when all else fails. I am looking forward to the next 40 or 50 years with him. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

everyone thinks the hard part is finding the right one, when in reality the hard part is maintaining the relationship,the romance, the intrigue, the *newness*. The hard part is deciding when to stick it out with the comfortable, reliable car, and when to go for the fresh new intriguing car. Heres to all of us fighting to maintain the good old comfy car.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to point out that if your old, "comfy" car is nickel-and-diming you to death, the breaks are going out, the window no longer works and the possibility of wrecking is very real... it's time to get a new car. New can be just as safe and (sometimes) even safer.

Daily Offensive (baha!) said...

Haha, I LOVE these comments! Thanks guys!

Search the Daily Offensive!