Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pet my peeves, please.


Last Word Hit-and-Run:


Why is it that when two people argue, each always has to get the last word in? Where the heck did that originate? Or is it just pride that controls everyone? Okay, so maybe it isn’t the last word that bothers me so much… but what you do after you spill out your opposition. You quickly walk away. And the first thing I want to do is grab you by your hair and pull you back into our argument so that you can fight like a man- or woman. It might not even be an argument, but you’re still guilty of a hit and run with your mouth. Seriously, it’s like sucker-punching someone. Snap out of it, stand your ground and finish what you’ve started!


“You’re judging me”

Give me a break. Quit whining. How is a person ever supposed to grow and change if they aren’t called into accountability? This may sound a bit abrasive, maybe it is; but, I’m tired of being wishy-washy and trying to please everyone. I stick to my guns and I get blamed for being self-righteous and judgmental; so, I relax a little bit and feel convicted for submerging into luke-warm water. Excuse me, but I do not want to be spit out, as if I were vomit. So, when I tell you that what you’re doing is wrong- I am not relying on my own opinion or experience. I am relying on The Bible. If you can’t take it, then leave. Get the definition of “judgment” right, before you use it as a shield against the refining fire (P.S. I’m in that fire, too. Just to let ya know. I’m dying to self, too. Yeah, it sucks.) Judgment is the final say in someone’s end result. Example: The Judgment Seat, which only God can inhabit. He tells you whether or not you’re going into heaven. I’m not. All I’m saying is that what you’re doing is wrong… it’s not a determination of your salvation. And I’m just quoting- I didn’t make the rules.

“You don’t understand”

How you do know? Have you lived my life? Surprisingly enough, I probably do understand. I understand pain, disappointment, frustration, anxiety, excitement and fear. So, if you want someone to talk to and to empathize with you, don’t use your “you won’t understand” card. Keep it for the person who (does understand) doesn’t care.

ADD Movie Watcher

How do I say this nicely? Sit down, shut up and watch the movie! Please. If you can’t wait until the end to see the hero beat the bad guy and get the girl, don’t ask me to rent the movie; or even ask me to watch the movie with you. I would probably rather be outside, anyway, than trying to wrangle your butt onto the couch every ten minutes.


Too social to talk to you


It happens, I know. You call someone and then something happens in the room that contains your presence and you just have to deal with it. But, when you call me and say nothing beyond 'Hi' because you're too busy chatting up the other people surrounding you- I'm hanging up on you. And I won't even feel bad. Call back when you're alone and value my time enough to engage me in your current drama. Kthanksbai.



I have plenty more, but the day is just too beautiful to sit here and type. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the mall. :)




2 comments:

Laura said...

A wise woman once told me that the last word is not always the final say.

Sazaran said...

Those are very wise words, indeed.

Search the Daily Offensive!