Wednesday, April 29, 2009

♫ Books and Quotes

These blogs lately are a bit deep, offensive, or emotional lately huh? So, on a lighter note, let me share some of the things that have been occupying my time in my "me time".

Three of the best books I’ve read recently:

#1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert











This book was the most inspirational, heart wrenching, and emotional connecting book I’ve ever read. Im not sure that it will be for every single person, but the words she wrote, couldn’t have been better said for myself. It’s a non-fiction book about a woman’s journey to finding herself. She wakes up in the middle of her life, and realizes that it’s not what she ever thought it would be, and she wasn’t happy about it. She took three huge steps to turn it around, and will inspire to un-root yourself. If you feel in a rutt, unhappy, or out of place with where your life is right now, read it. It will make you laugh, cry, and inspire you to leap.

#2. Leven Thumps by Obert Skye











As quoted by the girl that got me hooked on them: "It’s the new Harry Potter!". I cant agree completely, because I’ve never gotten around to reading Harry Potter. I can tell you, that these books will drag that inner child out of you, and make you imagine and dream things you never thought possible. They’re written with a child’s imagination, but in a very grown-up language. They’re a quick read, with a few cool illustrations to help your imagination to come out and play. They’re a series of five I believe, Im on book three, and officially addicted.

#3. My Daily Dose of Quotes

Not really a specific book, or even a specific website. I try, every day, to find a new quote that I love. Mister Emerson is probably my favorite of all time. I keep a running list of quotes, in both my hard-cover journal that travels with me everywhere I go, and my computer journal.

A few of my latest favorites:
"Prince charming can kiss my ass. Unless of course, he sweeps me off of my feet. We shall see..."

"The moment we cease to change is the moment we stop living."

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road, if you're not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there..."

"When you’re forced to stand alone, you realize what you have in you"

"Dance as though no one is watching you; love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth."

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."

If any of those inspired you, made you smile, or made you think you, you, my friend, need to find a new addiction to quote-age.

What are your favorite quotes? Books? Other things to do in your down-time?

Yours Truly,
Nomz

0 comments:

Search the Daily Offensive!