Monday, August 24, 2009

♫ Google is my friend…and my safety net.

Confession: I’ve googled you.


Well, most likely, anyway. Along with my address, neighbors, kids, etc. Maybe it’s the cops daughter in me. Perhaps in the internet queen I am. Who knows. The point is, I feel safer if I know everything about my closest friends, people I date, and especially, people dating my friends. It’s a free background search, can you blame me? It’s not creepy. Believe me, if I found anything interesting about you, you’d be the first to know.


I’d like you to move from the notion of thinking I am a creep, to taking my advice and doing it. Start with your own name. If your name happens to be generic, type in a general location too. “First Name Last Name Chicago Illinois” , for example. See what you see.


Ladies, please heed my advice and google your man before you go falling head over heels. I have no horror stories to back this up, but I have found some deal breakers for other people. Go four pages deep.


Also, go to this website-every six months or so: http://www.felonspy.com/search.html It’s the law for felons, including sex offenders, to register. And this site not only tracks them, but tells you the exact location, year they were convicted, and why.


Google is a free tool. Use it. Protect yourself, and keep up on your own person. ;) Google sometimes knows more about you than you do.


Yours Truly,

Nomz


**edited to tell you:

Apparently it is not the law for felons to register, my apologies. It is, however, for sex offenders. And regardless of that false fact (sorry!), I really encourage you to keep an eye on that website, and google. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh. When I google myself I come up with three pages of me, then a lady wanted in Nebraska for cocaine possession and a tranny in England. Schweet.

Sazaran said...

What the h-e-l-l does "Performing Minor" mean? There's a guy who lives a few streets down... he's 17. I'm so confused. Should I be scared??

Anonymous said...

It's not the law for felons to register. I challenge you to find it in the state statutes. Sex offenders, yes, but regular felons no.

Search the Daily Offensive!