Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fall Fashion 2009

Okay, let's pretend I know what I'm talking about, in this post. Okay? Just nod and smile like you agree with me. :) I always like to be up on the recent trends, fashion fauxpas and must haves for each season- though, I do try not to be a victim of such fads. So, I searched the net for this seasons threads. Here are some of the new alerts:

Plaid


One-Shoulder



Black and White patterns


And some not-so-great ones:




"Sculpted Shoulders" (I just can't help but imagine Other-Mom from Coraline when I see this!)





Thigh-high boots (Actually, I take that back. Nomz would look FANTASTIC in these with those loooong legs that I envy every day of my existence. Psh.)



Winter Shorts


EDIT: To each his own, I guess. I can't say that these not-so-much items are "bad"... it's just that I could never see myself wearing them. Though, I'd love to. Some things are meant to remain in Hollywood. Thankyouverymuch.

Here are a few of the sites I found these newbies at. Let's hope we don't slide too far into the rhelm of the 80's and regret that history repeated itself, again.

WhoWhatWear

GirlAWhirl

This site has great advice on how to wear said clothing for less...

So, this is my wish list for the last half part of this crazy year.

Platform Pumps



Plaid Skirt

A chunky choker (oh waaiit, I have that!)
Who says a stay-at-home-mom can't be fabulous??! :)

4 comments:

Daily Offensive (baha!) said...

Great post, mah dear! Of course you know what you're talking about. Look what YOU'VE done to my wardrobe in less than a years time! ;)

I do so lust over some hooker boots, and will get some this year. Though, wearing them out in public, will never happen. Neither will shoulder pads. Or shorts with tights.

Why oh why do they find more and more styles where they dont make BRAS THAT JUST FEEL GOOD with that style? Example: Do they MAKE one shouldered boulder holders?!

Sigh.

Fashion-less,
Nomz

Sazaran said...

Yes! They DO make one-shoulder-boulder-holders! It's called a convertable bra. You just take one strap off and wha-la! Actually, not totally uncomfortable, either. :)

Daily Offensive (baha!) said...

Wa-la, things fall out? No?

Sazaran said...

HA! No... not any more than a strapless.

Search the Daily Offensive!