Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Agenda:


"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
-- Agatha Christie

"A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary."
-- Dorothy Canfield Fisher

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
-- Henry Ward Beecher

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."
-- Honore' de Balzac

"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world."
-- Kate Douglas Wiggin

"When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk you'll end up as the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso."
-- Pablo Picasso

"The commonest fallacy among women is that simply having children makes one a mother—which is as absurd as believing that having a piano makes one a musician."
-- Sydney J. Harris



On that note, I'd like to begin my blog. :) Being able to stay at home and take care of mah boy, rather than work, I have had a lot of time to think. To plan. To agonize.

I always knew that I wanted to be a mother. At a tender age, I didn't have a collection of Barbies that would put a rich girl to shame; rather, I had baby dolls. Each where named and each were cared for as if they were real infants- to the best of my adolescent ability, anyway.


It's a whole different ball game when your baby turns into a real, breathing, and living human being. With a will. A strong will. A will that is beginning to discover itself. Ohhhh, Malachi. How I love you dearly and how much you drive me crazy.


As a guardian over this wonderful being, I know that I am responsible for more than his diapers or diet. I am responsible for his ethics, his morals, and -partly- his life's pursuit. In this, every day, I grow more concerned and more determined to teach him what I know as Truth. Not "my truth" but The Truth. The heart of our Father. I need to impart to him how to be a godly person.


- The importance of knowing that God is Creator of all. Jesus is the Way; the Truth and the Life. No other can be a substitute. And God is good.


- Violence cannot be a way of life. He has started to hit and I cannot sit back and watch him, with that fleshly glimmer in his eye, act out his frustration on someone else. Love will be our rule. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you" should probably be framed.


- Ooh, that's a good idea. Taking those Life's Principles and displaying them in our house. I want Malachi to be a child, a boy, a teenager, a man that others admire and respect. He will be a big boy- I want him to be my gentle giant.


- GOALS: Love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control. Against such, there is no law.


- Prayer. A great tool. I don't pray nearly often enough. But, I know that I need to teach Malachi how to pray. This is priority.


So, this is it. My lil agenda for Malachi's life. I do understand that there will come a time in which he will have to choose to step away from our teachings and decide, for himself, what he will pursue as truth. I will not fret; I know that if I do my part, keep my end of the bargain, the Lord will keep His.


Proverbs 22:6
Direct your children onto the right path,
and when they are older, they will not leave it.

1 comments:

Daily Offensive (baha!) said...

Great picture, great quotes, great agenda, and awesome verse. And...I'll be praying for mamma too, because that agenda, is absolutely perfect, but will not be easy. You are so inspirational. ;)
Nomz

Search the Daily Offensive!