Monday, June 22, 2009

Baa-a-a-a-a


So, over these past few weeks leading up to the big move I have had slight and insignificant panic attacks. They usually strike at the same time each day- when I'm laying down with Mal, waiting for him to fall asleep, letting my thoughts wander. Not such a good idea. With these down times and free thoughts come the words some have (unintentionally) hit me with. They all differ in their tone, meaning and conveyance. Nevertheless, "It's going to be so hard for you" doesn't exactly strike confidence into this girl's heart.

So, rather than focusing on the failing economy or the masses that are also seeking employment and housing, I am focusing on the goodness of God. His providence, care for His children and promise to supply all of my needs. And in doing this, I also remember the past times when it seemed as if all was hopeless and going nowhere. In England, the Lord showed me over and over that He would take care of me.

It's a silly, sheep-like thing to forget how many times He helped me and go on panicking over every day's little worries.

Note to self:

Sarah, dear, you are a child of the Living GOD, the Creator of the Universe, the Master Mixer (remember that blog?), the God who is bigger than any piece of currency or credit check. He holds you in His hands and will never let go. Trust Him. Remember how often He has proved Himself to you and meditate on His promises. When He leads you beside still waters and causes your cup to overflow, then you will shout His praises to the people and tell them of the good things He has done for you. Thank Him, now. Show Him that you trust Him, completely. He knows of the things you need, before you need them! He has gone before you to make a way and will bless you because He. Loves. You.

Psssst. This isn't just for me, ya know. Anyone, anyone who is a child of God can take these words and use them for their own edification.

In saying this, I would like to give thanks to my Saviour, my Shepherd and my Lord for all that He will do for me, Rase and Malachi. Jesus, I know that you know my heart's desire. I thank you and praise you for the wonderful things you have done. I trust you. I know that you are for me and I ask for you will to be done in my life. You are so good to me and I will always give glory to You for the blessings you pour our out on me.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.


0 comments:

Search the Daily Offensive!