Thursday, March 10, 2011

♫ Stay Out of Your Way

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”— Ralph Waldo Emerson

My heart hurts.

It's been a day of conflict. And what hurts the most, is that not a single bit of it was with me. I just had to sit and watch the pain happen. I was sitting at work today, getting dizzy, watching two friends destroy each other with venomous thoughts.

As if watching a movie, I chose to rewind. I thought back on the last few months, and how much I've shed tears for broken friends, lost sleep over torn family, and emailed until my fingers were exhausted - resolving or creating conflict.

It's not one person that's always involved. It's every single person that I know...hurting. I hear a lot of excuses. I give a lot of excuses. ...

She's selfish. He's always been mean, I've just run out of patience. Money is too tight to fix things. She won't learn from her mistakes. I'm facing a life-change, and can't deal with it. It's his fault. It's his job. My kids are naughty. She's gotten so self, and boy, absorbed. She always has an excuse. He loves somebody else more than me. He won't leave his dream for mine. She's quick to judge, but refuses to see herself truly. He's clingy. My job is too hard.

It's ironic how when we're absolutely unhappy, we immediately turn to blame somebody else, isn't it? We never find ourselves to blame for our own unhappiness, but we're quick to boast how we found our destiny. Our love. Our joy. All the good.

"For every second that we are angry, we lose a second of happiness."
"Bitterness is a symptom of emotional failure."
"In life, don't always wait for someone to come along and fix whats wrong. Sometimes, you just have to be your own hero/"

To find happiness and balance, we've got to find it in ourselves, by ourselves, accepting full responsibility for our choices, emotions, and actions. To find your place in this world, you've got to pick your path all on your own. To find a sense of belonging, listen to your heart. Your heart.

To find your way, you've got to get out of your way.

Yours Truly,
Nomz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a sad thing to watch people lose so much of themselves while they're busy blaming others... Sometimes, it's just better to walk away and let them figure it out for themselves. And, if they don't, walking away from the toxicity is the best gift you can give yourself.

I have learned that walking away, while it might be difficult, is the only resolution dealing with those that refuse to honestly look at their actions and words.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above statement when they said learning to walk away, even if it is difficult, is sometimes the only resolution that works. I'm sorry that you're going through such a tough time and feeling so torn. Love you Naomi.

Anonymous said...

I also agree with the above comments. Some days I feel like I'm being pulled in to a 'hell hole' listening to toxic people and their relationships. I'm now trying to separate myself from those couples or people, for my own mental health.

But on the other hand, there are people going thru struggles, whom aren't 'toxic'. And those people, I love to help, assist, listen to and love.

Hugs Nomz!!!

Sarah said...

Listening to one's heart is good advice - your head may be telling you your problem is X, but your heart will always know your problem is Y. Quieting the stressed-out, drama-filled brain is an excellent way to figure out what the heart knows.

Search the Daily Offensive!